B&B Hotel Cantanhede Coimbra
Opening hours and contact for B&B Hotel Cantanhede Coimbra
Reception desk hours
Weekend & public holidays: 7:00 - 10:30h
Contact the reception desk
- Phone: +351 231 410 220
Service 0.05 €/min
Utilities and services B&B Hotel Cantanhede Coimbra
Learn more about this hotel:
Or choose your rooms below
Other hotels for your destination
Cheap hotel in Cantanhede - B&B Hotel Cantanhede Coimbra
Are you looking for an affordable hotel for your next trip in Portugal? Look no further! Hotel B&B Cantanhede Coimbra is perfect for leisure or business travel in central Portugal.
In addition, our hotel has a perfect location that will allow you to discover incredible areas of the region: only 23 km away you will find Mira Beach, 13 minutes away you can visit the historic city of Ançâ and 25 minutes away the famous city of Coimbra.
The Beaches of Mira
This wonderful beach has an extension of 3 kilometers and has received the distinction of Blue Flag for being one of the beaches with the cleanest, calmest and safest waters in Europe. This beach, located in the central zone of the Portuguese Atlantic, is one of the smallest corners of Portugal, and has been winning this award for 31 consecutive years. Nothing better than a good dip in a beach like this, right? Are you in?
The historical city of Ançâ
The wonderful city of Ançâ is located in the province of Cantanhede. Our recommendation? Discover its natural swimming pool open during the summer to enjoy a place in the fresh air. In addition the city offers small places as charming and bucolic as the Fonte de Ançã, an ancient spring that is located inside the village.
Also, you can enjoy your stay in Cantanhede discovering the gastronomic culture of the country with its specialties such as: the green broth, which is a typical soup made from kale or taking cod, one of the best known ingredients of the country Luso. Of course, you can't miss a cheese tasting.
The city of Coimbra
Coimbra, located between Oporto and Lisbon, ancient medieval capital and another of the essential ones to visit in the neighboring country. Crossed by the river Mondego, it is a small town built on various heights and full of charming corners that can be visited in a day.
In the centre or the upper part, you can discover hidden courtyards as you stroll through its narrow cobbled streets and old buildings. In this part you can also see the Old Cathedral and the Almedina Arch and go up to the historic campus of the University of Coimbra, a World Heritage Site, and visit the magnificent Joanina Library.
The lower part, the Baixa, revolves around Praça Do Comércio, is a commercial area of bourgeois houses, in which the beautiful Church of São Tiago and the Santa Cruz Park stand out.
In short, it is a city rich in history, where you can get lost in its medieval streets. You will discover buildings as majestic as the oldest University in Portugal, a sumptuous building with a lot of history since it was the Court of the King. In addition, you can pass by the Monastery of Santa Cruz or the famous Romanesque Cathedral of Coimbra.
If you're attracted by everything we're telling you, don't wait any longer and book now. We are waiting for you!
Frequently Asked Questions
- What services are available in the B&B Hotel Cantanhede Coimbra?
The B&B Hotel Cantanhede Coimbra is easily accessible, whether you arrive by plane, train or car. Our hotel is located onlye a 3-minute drive from the city center of Cantanhede.
- From the airport Oporto (OPO): 76-min drive / 118 km
- From Mealhada Pampilhosa Station: 21-min drive / 17.8 km
- From Coimbra Station: 27-min drive / 23.7 km
- From SOUTH - NORTH direction If you travel by car and take the A1, towards SUL-NORTE, you should leave at the node of COIMBRA NORTE, going to CANTANHEDE / FIGUEIRA DA FOZ, on the A14. On A14, you should exit to CANTANHEDE / ANÇÃ.
- From NORTH - SOUTH direction If the direction is NORTH-SOUTH, you should exit to the MEALHADA / CANTANHEDE toll. After passing the toll, you should turn right to MURTEDE / CANTANHEDE, on the national road. If traveling on the A17, in the direction of SUL / NORTH, you should exit to SANGUINHEIRA / TOCHA, following the N 335. If traveling in the NORTH / SOUTH direction, you should exit to MIRA / CANTANHEDE, following EN 234 until Cantanhede.
- Urban transport: https://www.inova-em.pt/horários-urb-in
- Taxi: Largo Conselheiro Ferreira Freire. Cantanhede. Tel.: +351 231 416 082
Those who visit the county of Cantanhede are invited to share their unique experiences of the three natural regions that make up the territory: Gândara, sea, Bairrada, inside and lower Mondego River in the south, a valley adjacent to the famous stone quaries Ançã. In Gândara you can enjoy the bucolic retreat from Spring in Fervença or in many other places, enjoy the soft white sands and the sae breeze and the smell of the beaches that keep intact the traditions of art Xávega and enjoy the flavors of the stew apaladados, sea bass or grilled sardines on the tile. In Bairrada, which has the best roast pork delicacy the Leitão Assado, of their rich tradition of culinary and wine, in Cantanhede, the most precious nectar of the demaracted region, there are still references to a careful tilling sunny slopes that form part of the collective imagination. In the lower Mandage, after the passage through the rugged topography of the quarries, where there are often marks of the activities related to the extraction of stone Ançã, so appreciated by the most prominent sculptures of the fiftheenth and sixteenth centuries, stretches a fertile valley and swamp that intergrates Campos de Mondego.
A visit to Cantanhede would not be complete without a long look in the Parish Church, built in the sixteenth century, remarkable example of Renaissance sculpture in Coimbra. Jean De Rouan will post the best of his soul into the enchanting sculptures on some of its chapels.
- Pedro Teixeira Monument (9-minute walk)
- Casa Muncipal da Cultural (9-minute walk)
- Church Plaza (12-minute walk)
- Mealhada City Park - 9.1 min / 14.7 km
- Curia Golf Club - 11.9 min / 19.2 km
- Historic town of Ançã - 12 min / 11.2 km
- Bairrada Wine Museum - 13.4 min / 21.5 km
- Museum Jose Luciano de Castro - 13.8 min / 22.2 km
- Praia de Mira - 24 min / 23 km
- National Forest of Bussaco - 15.1 min / 24.3 km
- Historic town of Coímbra - 30 min / 32 km
On the Beach of Tocha or Palheirão, it marks the days allowing long walks on the beach. And if the sun marks the days, the nights, especially the warm summer evenings are marked by the joy of a good table with many friends. To the delight of a good grilled sea bass, or a stew, mix the precious aroma of the wines of Bairrada.
Tocha beach is one of the resorts in the central region, the beach has a blue flag and has much to offer its visitors.In this old fishing village in the municipality of Cantanhede, you can still find the vestiges of the old barns, once used by fishermen to store material used in the daily toil of the months of the summer. Tocha beach is still a picturesque village, calm and quiet, with a golden beach where, alongside the bronzed bodies of bathers, extends networks and typical boats while fishermen wait for the weather to allow them to go to sea.
- River Eye Beach of Fervença (Praia Fluvial dos Olhas de Fervençia) Source of water aupply of the Municipality of Cantanhede and other adjacent springs, Eye of Fervença have attracted a significant annual influx of visitors, not only for their unusual features but also because they are integrated into a natural area of election.
- Palheirâo Beach. Located only a few kilometres north of Tocha Beach, it withstands absolutely intact, Palheirâo Beach - officially known as Golden Beach, is a true refuge with the expection of environmental guidelines.
Tourist information offices
- Town Council of Cantanhede Praça Marquês de Marialva 3064 - 909 Cantanhede Opening hours: 09H00 - 17H00 Tel: 231410100 | Fax: 231410199 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Website: www.cm-cantanhede.pt
- Tourist Office of Ançá Praça do Pelourinho 3060-049 Ançã Tel: 239964545 | Fax: 231410199 Email: email@example.com Website: www.cm-cantanhede.pt Opening hours: 10H00 - 12H30 | 14H00 - 18H00 (Tuesday - Sunday) Closes: Monday 1st of January, Easter Sunday, 1st of November and 25th of December
- Tourism Office of Cantanhede Largo Conselheiro Ferreira Freire 3060 - 503 Cantanhede Tel: 231410155 | Fax: 231410199 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Opening hours: 10H00 - 13H00 | 14H00 - 18H00 (Monday to Saturday) Closes: Sundays, 1st Janurary, Easter Sunday, 1st of November and the 25th of December.
- Tourism Office of Tocha Beach Praia de Tocha 3060 Tocha Tel: 231420798 | Fax: 231410199 Email: email@example.com Website: www.cm-cantanhede.pt Opening hours: 10H00 - 13H00 | 14H00- 18H00 (Everyday) Period of operation: 15th of June to the 15th of September.
- Tourism Office of Varziela Rua Dr. Santos Silva - Varziela 3060 - 161 Cantanhede Tel: 231420798 | Fax: 231410199 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Opening hours: 10H00 - 12H30 |14H00 -18H00 (Tuesday to Sunday) Closes: Mondays, 1st of January,Easter Sunday, 1st of November and the 25th of December.