Bonn Old Town Hall
With its wonderful Rococo facade, Bonn’s Old Town Hall is a symbol of the city. The building’s construction began in 1737, by the court’s architect, Michel Leveilly. During the Second World War, it was unfortunately so badly damaged that it had to be rebuilt. After its reopening in 1949/1950, many famous personalities visited it, including French president, Charles de Gaulle, the US President, John F. Kennedy and Queen Elizabeth II. Theodor Heuss, the first German president of the re-unified Germany, gave his first official speech here. The Old Town Hall still serves as the official seat of the current mayor.
53111 Bonn, Germania