The safety of our teams, guests and staff has always been and remains our priority. We go beyond compliance with the health instructions of national and local authorities to be the safest hotel chain in terms of cleaning and disinfection you can go to. Below, we tell you about all the measures we have implemented in our hotels.
Travel safely with B&B Hotels. Applus+, a world leader in the inspection, testing and certification sector, and the Clean & Safe label, has authenticated our cleaning and safety protocols against the risks derived from COVID-19. We have worked, and continue to work, to welcome you back to our hotels and offer you maximum security, peace of mind and flexibility so that you can enjoy your stay.
As of 00:00 hours on 22 April, it is no longer mandatory to wear a facemask indoors, including in hotels and local accommodation establishments. However, there are exceptions: healthcare establishments, nursing homes and public transport, including air travel. In these cases, the use of a mask or visor is mandatory for those over 10 years of age.
It is no longer mandatory for passengers on flights to and from mainland Portugal or on cruise ships to fill in the passenger control form.
The alert situation is maintained until May 5.
All our establishments follow cleaning protocols certified by Applus+ and the Clean & Safe stamp, which follow the practices and recommendations of the World Health Organization and the health authorities.
Cleaning and disinfection is extreme in both common areas and rooms. We use cleaning products approved by the Ministry of Health in all common areas, rooms, contact surfaces, objects, as well as in our linen. Of course, we have also increased the frequency of cleaning and disinfection - you can travel with peace of mind with B&B Hotels!
The safety of our customers, employees and partners is our main concern. Our hotels follow all the protocols to facilitate the required social distance. Therefore, we have created signage in all common areas of the hotel reminding the need to maintain a safe distance, as well as the use of masks, and we have installed separation screens. Likewise, we have redesigned the common areas by placing the furniture to comply with the current legislation in terms of capacity and distance.
Finally, our teams receive constant training in risk prevention and all the necessary equipment, such as masks, hydroalcoholic gel, thermometers to measure temperature, etc. to work safely.
Since we have been asked several questions about the use of the mask, signaling and space for isolation we will clarify that, according to our interpretation:
1. The employer or hotel management cannot impose the use of a mask on workers. In fact, only public health authorities and/or the government can, under predefined circumstances, impose such use.
2. Conversely, if the worker wishes to wear a mask for health protection reasons, the employer or hotel management cannot oppose its use.
3. The signs that have been used (among others: capacity of the facilities, routes, distances, mandatory mask, hand washing), some were not mandatory, others were based on guideline no. 08/2020 issued by the DGS. Since this guideline was revoked, the signs can be removed.
4. Finally, regarding the space/room for isolation of workers or guests with symptoms or infection, again it was based on guideline no. 08/2020, which has been revoked, so it should also be obviated.
In order to minimize the interaction and direct contact between guests and hotel employees, we have implemented new digital solutions.
To avoid crowds and any potential contamination, we have adapted our catering services.
We have redesigned the buffet breakfasts. Below, we detail each of the safety measures implemented.
- Placement of hydroalcoholic gel dispensers at the entrance to the dining room.
- Mandatory use of gloves when picking up any type of product or eating utensil.
- Mandatory use of masks when not seated at the table.
- Placement of tables and food supply areas with adequate safety distance.
- Removal of products commonly used by guests, e.g. oil cruets, cruet shakers, sauce boats, salt shakers, etc.
In addition, in some of our hotels we offer Take Away breakfast so that you can enjoy it in your room. For your peace of mind, the content of the Take Away breakfast is prepared in single-use containers and we minimise the handling of the products.
Finally, with our room service and catering we offer different meal options following strict safety protocols
We have made our booking policy more flexible in order to give you the greatest peace of mind and still offer you the best value for money. Refundable reservations made in hotels in Spain will allow a free date change until 6 pm of the day before arrival date.
Thanks to the support of a recognised brand, an innovative business model and the high quality of our services, at B&B Hotels Portugal we are at the disposal of all our guests, to make your stay with us a positive and safe experience.
If you have made a reservation in another country, you can find here the measures applied in each country: